dimanche 6 juin 2010

Aubergine, goat cheese and basil pasta less lasagna



Mais quelle nouille !! ( what a dumb one I am !)

Last week I went to Tesco to get groceries. I have been thinking of baking an Aubergine, goat cheese and basil lasagna.

So I got bits and pieces… chavroux, tomatoes can, basil, aubergine ……. And left!

Got home and realised that I forgot the one thing I really had to get !: lasagna pasta sheet!!

It was quite nice outside I could have gone back to the shop but no!! That’s it! It’s going to be lasagna without pasta, na!


  • 1 Tomato can
  • 1 medium aubergine
  • 150 g of creamy goat cheese / I used Chavroux
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • A few Rosemary leaves.

Sliced the aubergine very thinly. You can sprinkle with coarse salt to get rid of the water.

In a sauce pan, fry the garlic cloves into 2 tbsp of olive oil. Remove when it’s turning brown. Pour in the tomato can. Add salt pepper and a little bit of rosemary. Simmer for 20min and add fresh basil toward the end.

In a bowl, mix the goat cheese with fresh cream, salt and pepper, fresh basil. Add either water or milk to as the mix will be too thick to spread.

In a lasagna dish, spoon enough tomato sauce to cover the bottom and cover with a layer of aubergine, make sure to wipe the salt if you used some. Cover with the cheese/cream mix.

Proceed until you reach the top of the dish. Finish with the tomato sauce.

Cover with tin foil and bake in a hot over for 30min. Then cover the top with fresh mozzarella and bake for another 10min.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire